Which employees may I file for?
employer may sponsor a prospective or current foreign national employee who is
inside or outside the and who may qualify under one or more
of the employment-based (EB) immigrant visa categories. The EB visa categories
are divided into several preference categories. These EB visa categories are
organized by occupational priorities as mandated by Congress. The first four of
these EB visa categories are available to otherwise eligible foreign nationals
sponsored by United
EB-1 – Priority Workers
• Aliens with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics;
• Outstanding professors and researchers;
• Multinational executives and managers.
EB-2 – Professionals With Advanced Degrees or Persons With Exceptional Ability
• Aliens who, because of their exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business, will substantially benefit the national economy, cultural, or educational interests or welfare of the
; United States
• Aliens who are members of professions holding advanced degrees or the equivalent.
EB-3 – Professional or Skilled Workers
• Professionals with a baccalaureate degree;
• Aliens capable of performing skilled labor (requiring at least 2 years of training or experience) for which qualified workers are not available in the
• Aliens capable of performing unskilled labor for which qualified workers are not available in the
. United States
EB-4 – Special Immigrants
• Religious workers;
• Panama Canal Company Employees, Canal Zone Government Employees, or
U.S. Government in Canal Zone Employees;
• Certain physicians;
• Certain others.