Thursday, May 31, 2012

First Steps as a U.S. Citizen: Part II

Obtain a Certificate of Citizenship for Your Child
If you have a child who is a lawful permanent resident under the age of 18 on the day you naturalize, he or she may have automatically acquired U.S. citizenship. To obtain evidence of your child’s acquired U.S. citizenship status, you may apply for a U.S. passport from the U.S. Department of State or for a Certificate of Citizenship using Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship, from USCIS.

Sponsor Family Members to Come to the United States
As a citizen of the United States, you may petition for certain relatives to become lawful permanent
residents by obtaining what is often referred to as a “Green Card.” To do so, you need to sponsor your
relative and be able to prove that you have enough income or assets to support your relative(s) in the
United States.

No comments: