How do I enter the Diversity Visa Lottery?
This is what you need to know:
- You can enter the Diversity Visa Lottery once a year. The Lottery is open for about a month in the fall.
- There is only one place to enter the Diversity Visa Lottery: dvlottery.state.gov. This State Department website has a form where you:
- answer questions
- give information about yourself, your spouse, and your children under 21
- submit digital photos of yourselves.
- It is free to enter the Diversity Visa Lottery.
You can enter once each year. If you enter the Diversity Visa Lottery more than once in a year, your entries will not count. Your spouse can enter separately if he or she qualifies.
If your entry is picked, you can include your spouse on your application, and children if they are single and under 21.