Friday, October 5, 2012

Online I-9 Central Now Available in Spanish

On October 4, 2012, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) launched a Spanish-language version of I-9 Central, an online resource center designed to provide information and assistance related to the most frequently accessed form on USCIS.gov: Form I-9, Employee Eligibility Verification. This free, easy-to-use website provides employers and employees simple one-click access to resources, tips and guidance to properly complete Form I-9 and better understand the Form I-9 process.
"The release of the Spanish I-9 Central reflects our continued commitment to provide vital, accessible information to our multilingual customers,” said USCIS Director Alejandro Mayorkas. “Since its launch last year, I-9 Central has provided the public with a much needed resource to help them navigate the employment eligibility verification process.”
The launch of the Spanish I-9 Central is the most recent in a series of resource guides related to USCIS employment-related forms and processes. These resources include E-Verify Self Check, a service that allows workers and job seekers in the United States to check their own employment eligibility status online, and an updated “Handbook for Employers: Instructions for Completing Form I-9.". Both are also offered in Spanish.
I-9 Central includes sections about employer and employee rights and responsibilities, step-by-step instructions for completing the form, and information on acceptable documents for establishing identity and employment authorization. I-9 Central also includes a discussion of common mistakes to avoid when completing the form, guidance on how to correct errors, and answers to employers’ recent questions about the Form I-9 process.

By law, U.S. employers must verify the identity and employment authorization for every worker hired after Nov. 6, 1986, regardless of the employee’s immigration status. To comply with the law, employers must complete and retain Form I-9.
I-9 Central en Espanol

No comments: