Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Immigration Fee Waivers: Part II

Forms Eligible for Fee Waiver
You may request a fee waiver based on an inability to pay for the following:

1. General Fee Waivers: I-90, I-191, I-751, I-765 (excluding category (c)(33)), I-817, I-821, I-881, N-300, N-336, N-400, N-470, N-565, N-600, N-600K; and

2. Humanitarian Fee Waivers: any fees associated with the filing of any benefit request by a VAWA self-petitioner or an alien who has or is requesting a T visa or U visa; is a battered spouse of A, G, E–3, or H nonimmigrant, or a battered spouse or child of a lawful permanent resident or U.S. citizen; or has Temporary Protected Status. This would include filings not otherwise eligible for a fee waiver or eligible only for a conditional fee waiver such as Forms I-212, I-485, I-539, and I-601.

3. Conditional Fee Waivers: If not listed above, you may request a fee waiver subject to the following conditions:

a. I-131 – only if applying for humanitarian parole (i.e., only for persons located overseas who are applying for an Advance Parole Document, Application Type “e” or “f” in Part 2);

b. I-290B – only if the underlying application was fee exempt, the fee was waived, or it was eligible for a fee waiver; and

c. In addition, an applicant who does not have to show he or she will not become a public charge for admission or adjustment of status purposes according to section 212(a)(4) of the INA may request a waiver of the following fees: 
 
*               I-192, 
*               I-193, 
*               I-485 (This would include but not be limited to an I-485 from an Afghan or Iraqi interpreter who has received a Special Immigrant Visa, a “Registry” applicant, an asylee, Special Immigrant Juvenile, an application under the Cuban Adjustment Act, the Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act, and the Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act, or similar provision, or; a Lautenberg Parolee), and 
*               I-601.
4. Biometric services in connection with any application or petition, regardless of whether it is listed above.

NOTE: Granting of a fee waiver is at the sole discretion of USCIS.

No comments: